SAP SuccessFactors believes its experience-focused approach to HCM technology is becoming increasingly important as businesses reimagine their approach to workforce management and engagement as they adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic’s new realities.
Amidst the turmoil generated by the virus, “the transition to the future of work has undoubtedly accelerated,” wrote SuccessFactors President Jill Popelka in a blog post. Because of that, “human experience is more relevant than ever, and digital technologies in the cloud that enable collaboration are essential.”.@SuccessFactors believes its experience-focused approach to #HRTech is increasingly important as businesses adapt their #HR to face COVID-19's realities. @SAP #HRTribe Click To Tweet
During SAP’s company-wide SAPPHIRE NOW Converge digital event last week, SuccessFactors presented a roundup of updates and enhancements. Among them:
- Home Page and Digital Assistant: Now in beta, SuccessFactors’ redesigned home page is meant to be simpler, more individualized and mobile-first. The page presents “engagement cards” and actions that are prioritized based on an employee’s usage history. A digital assistant answers questions, helps complete tasks and finds information.
- SAP Work Zone for HR provides access to relevant business applications and processes, information and communication through a single experience. It extends across the organization with customizable, guided experiences that integrate with disparate systems. Employees can create their own communities to share knowledge, while multimedia and micro-learning capabilities are easily used. SAP Work Zone for HR will be generally available during 2020’s second half.
- People Analytics: The general availability of Embedded Reporting will consolidate all of SAP SuccessFactors transactional reporting into a single tool. Reporting, insights and dashboard features are designed to help gather data and better analyze developments across the business.
- Master Data Integration: SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite now offers Master Data Integration to supports out-of-the-box connections for standard HR or workforce master data across S/4HANA and SuccessFactors.
- Embedded Experience Management helps employers gather and analyze feedback, then develop actions and recommendations based on what they glean. For example, customers can more easily embed surveys within SuccessFactors Recruiting and SuccessFactors Performance and Goals.
SuccessFactors’ Intelligent Mentoring
Meanwhile, SuccessFactors said more than 1,000 customers have implemented its intelligent mentoring feature within its Succession & Development module.
The tool allows HR to more easily create and administer programs by eliminating much of the manual administrative work that goes along with matching mentors and employees. It uses an algorithm to suggest matches based on skills, job title, department, location, focus areas and other factors. It also offers reporting functions.
When SuccessFactors introduced HXM in September 2019, SVP of Products & Design Amy Wilson said the idea was customer-driven. “There has been a drumbeat” about employee experience, she said. “It has been an area of focus, but I think the level of focus has intensified.”
Ultimately, SAP’s vision is to provide experiences that integrate SuccessFactors capabilities with Qualtrics and other data, third-party apps and a notable UI revision. For example, a messaging-like interface could help users organize their day and plan for upcoming performance discussions.
Sign up for our newsletter here.
Image: SAP SuccessFactors