Brightfox, a new “talent experience platform,” launched with several customers already signed up.
Brightfox said it’s designed to ease the frustration employees feel when using multiple systems. Its platform is designed to streamline business technology’s use by unifying solutions into an “intuitive talent experience.” In its hunt for customers, the company’s casting a wide net, seeking both startups and enterprises across industries.
Founded by Deena Fox, previously chief people officer at Oscar Health and a former HR director at Amazon, Brightfox believes it can save companies money by pulling data out of silos and providing an end-to-end experience for everyone involved in the talent acquisition and management processes..@Brightfoxinc links talent experience to streamlined technology use. Interesting angle, but will it sell? #HR #HRTech #HRBiz Click To Tweet
“We designed Brightfox to support all critical milestones in the employment journey from onboarding through exit, with a curated set of features that allow people to play an active role in accelerating their own growth and development,” said Fox.
As it happens, Oscar Health is among Brightfox’s initial customers. It’s also participating in the company’s $1.1 million seed funding round. Oscar, which calls itself a “disruptive” health insurance company, was founded in 2012 by, among others, Joshua Kushner, brother of Donald Trump’s son in law and advisor Jared Kushner. Joel Klein, former chancellor of the New York City Department of Education, is Oscar’s chief policy and strategy officer.
Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser said Brightfox’s platform aligns with its mission of using data to create efficiencies across organizations. At Oscar, “we create and support solutions that drive efficiencies with the intent of lowering the cost of health insurance for our members,” he said. With Brightfox, “[we] saw an opportunity to support this solution for talent-experience management.”
Talent Experience Tools
Brightfox’s features include:
- An internal communication portal that encourages employees to share content within their internal network and provides access to corporate communication.
- Engagement tools, specifically unlimited surveys, that help organizations gather and analyze appropriate data. In addition, Brightfox offers a mechanism through which workers can suggest ideas for innovation and operations, and also report ethics concerns.
- Continuous performance management tools including goal-setting, check-ins, 360-degree feedback and performance reviews.
- Dynamic feedback, which allows employees and managers to give and receive feedback at any time.
- Directory tools, including personalized employee profiles and team organization charts, as well as discovery functionality that helps employees build internal networks based on characteristics such as interests, skills and functions.
- A learning portal feature both company- and user-generated content.
Brightfox is designed to be used on a variety of devices and is “integration-friendly” with other systems such HRIS, payroll and ATS. Ut can also be customized to meet a customer’s specific internal demands.
Recently, Fox told Inc. that creating a successful employee experience depends on creating an actual program by investing, thoughtfully evaluating needs, truly defining a program and creating “a degree of alignment in what people perceive and experience.” If those steps haven’t been taken, she said, “then it isn’t being optimized, and there is absolutely room for improvement.”
Also key, she said, are effective communications and a strong technology platform.
Separately, Brightfox has engaged international PR agency Diffusion to assist with its product rollout, according to the Holmes Report.
Sign up for our newsletter here.