Cornerstone OnDemand unveiled what it calls the industry’s first holistic career growth, mobility and talent marketplace. Available through the company’s Talent Experience Platform, Opportunity Marketplace combines AI with the principles of human-centered design. The goal is to unlock new possibilities for employees while helping organizations improve engagement, retention, workforce agility and internal mobility, the company said.
Unlike other talent mobility point solutions, Opportunity Marketplace leverages AI to unify skills, people and job role data across multiple talent solutions including recruiting, learning and performance to connect employees to projects, gigs, learning paths, mentorships and open roles to help them discover new ways “to contribute and belong,” Cornerstone said.
Opportunity Marketplace helps employers:
- Improve Workforce Planning: Improves visibility into workforce skills so businesses can quickly upskill or match employees to opportunities and projects for greater workforce agility.
- Enable Internal Talent Sourcing: Looking externally for candidates is not always viable, and finding the right talent with the right skills is more competitive than ever. Opportunity Marketplace increases the transparency of skills, experiences and preferences so businesses can source employees from within their existing talent.
- Empower Internal Mobility: Nearly three-quarters of employees want to know about career opportunities inside their organization, according to Cornerstone research. In addition, 47% say they’d be be more satisfied if they had more opportunities to explore internal career options.
New Strategies and Tech
“For businesses to truly thrive today, it’s imperative they seek out new strategies and emerging technologies that will foster an agile and adaptable workplace, said Cornerstone CEO Himanshu Palsule. The Opportunity Marketplace a holistic solution that businesses can implement to create engaging learning, performance and development paths for their people. Opportunity Marketplace fosters a more engaged, self-developing workforce and better positions organizations for longevity and success.”
Cornerstone Opportunity Marketplace offers customers:
- A Fully Connected Learning Ecosystem that integrates with Cornerstone’s EdCast Learning Experience Platform. The combination allows organizations to provide their employees with end-to-end learning opportunities that fuel their unique development and career journeys.
- Unified User Experience: Employees experience a single, seamless and holistic experience where they not only interact with learning content, but also have visibility into career growth opportunities.
- Talent Intelligence: Opportunity Marketplace collects and analyzes people, skill and job role data to help HR leaders manage their talent pools, visualize skills, close gaps, map skills to performance, match supply and demand and elevate learning content curation and management. For employees, Opportunity Marketplace provides transparent personalized career opportunities and recommends paths, including new learning content and potential mentors within the organization.
“The opportunity to apply and develop skills is as important as the learning that supports it,” said Fosway Group CEO David Wilson in a statement provided by CSOD. “With Opportunity Marketplace, Cornerstone is responding to a growing demand for solutions that close critical skill gaps and provide new ways for employees to grow within the organization, as well as creating innovative talent models to address critical skills and labor shortages.”