Learning platform provider Docebo acquired Edugo.AI, a generative AI-based Learning technology that uses advanced large language models and algorithms to optimize learning paths and adapt to individual learner needs.
Docebo said the acquisition has two primary objectives: to enhance its existing AI capabilities and add new features to the platform.
“The effective application of generative AI is defining the future competitiveness of the learning industry,” observed Claudio Erba, Docebo’s founder and CEO. “By integrating Edugo’s proprietary LearnChain technology and extensive engineering expertise into our solutions and product development organization, we are adding to the disruptive innovation engine that has established Docebo as an industry leader in artificial intelligence and learning automation.”
Bulking Up the Roadmap
Docebo expects the acquired technologies will strengthen its AI roadmap with:
- Expansion of Docebo Shape: Rapidly automates the creation of e-learning course content from both customer-specific and internet sources.
- Virtual Interactive Capability: Provides solution-specific AI simulations, allowing learners to practice soft skills with real-time AI feedback.
- AI-Based Skill Tagging: Leverages AI to automatically match ontologies and ensure consistency across systems.
- Hyper-Personalized Learner Experience: Learning paths can be adapted to individual learners based on their content interaction on the platform.
- Semantic Search: Improved content accessibility and embedded search functionality will enhance the speed and accuracy of search results based on the learner’s needs.
“We’re thrilled to bring our robust AI infrastructure to Docebo, enhancing AI capabilities and transforming the interactions across the Docebo LMS, including Docebo Shape,” said Edugo CEO Giuseppe Tomasello. “We’ve always believed in the transformative power of generative AI in the learning industry … Since our inception four years ago, we’ve been building our learning management system with AI at its core.”
As part of the transaction, Tomasello has been appointed as Docebo’s vice president of AI. In this role, he will lead Docebo’s generative AI roadmap efforts. The company also expects to add specialized engineers with experience in generative AI.