Leapsome, which calls itself an “Intelligent people enablement platform,” released a new feedback enhancement feature, the first in a number of planned updates. These products, the company said, will be backed by generative AI.
The feedback offering will be integrated into Leapsome’s existing Reviews product. With it, the company aims to bridge the gap between managers and employees by ensuring comments are constructive, well-written and consistent with peer review comments. As a result, Leapsome hopes, “all employees [will] receive productive, well-rounded, actionable feedback — regardless of their manager’s writing skills.”
In addition, Review serves as a real-time learning tool for less confident review writers, providing insights on improving their written feedback.
“This enhancement allows all managers to optimize their written feedback based on best practices to ensure their comments are constructive, providing direct reports with more impactful takeaways,” said Leapsome Co-CEO Kajetan von Armansperg.
The Role of AI
The company said that, overall, the new capabilities will enable a better review process by helping managers provide quality feedback to their employees.
Leapsome said the new features offer multiple benefits to enhance performance reviews, including:
- Improved Feedback: Transform manager thoughts into constructive, helpful and impactful comments.
- Simplified Summaries: Provide a concise overview of feedback from peers and direct reports.
- Improved Writing Confidence: Checks spelling and grammar to reduce misunderstandings and improve writing quality.
- Learning Opportunities: Uses AI to identify opportunities commonly overlooked in general feedback, leading to deeper learning.
- Reduced Bias: Minimize human bias to focus on genuine issues and growth areas.
- Streamlined Reviews: Accelerate the feedback process without sacrificing evaluation quality.
“We view AI’s role in HR as an accelerator, optimizer and improver of content created by humans,” Armansperg said. “We strongly believe in the potential of our new AI features, designed to enhance, not replace, the human role in performance reviews.”