Connecting and engaging with passive talent is the top challenge for recruiting teams (cited by 42%), according to a survey by talent engagement solution Sense, along with the Talent Board.
Thirty-six percent of the respondents said chatbots and conversational AI are the most successful method of contacting and communicating with candidates. As American businesses continue to navigate critical labor shortages, impactful engagement and communications is the key to driving meaningful candidate experiences, and to accelerate hiring, the survey said.Chatbots and conversational AI are the most successful methods of contacting and communicating with candidates. #HR #HRTech Click To Tweet
The report, “How Chatbots and Conversational AI Improve Talent Engagement and the Candidate Experience,” also found that:
- The top three reasons for corporations to implement chatbot technology are to Improve the responsiveness of candidate communications (61%), free up recruiters’ time and improve their productivity (54%), and enhance the overall quality of the candidate experience (45%).
- More than half, 51%, of the respondents identified a “significant improvement” in candidate satisfaction as a direct result of implementing chatbots. Forty-nine percent said their chatbots have enhanced the overall quality of the candidate experience offered by their company. These executives said their use of chatbots improved the responsiveness of their candidate communications.
- More than a third, 35%, said chatbots have freed up recruiters’ time and enhanced their productivity.
Chatbots are designed to enhance a talent acquisition team’s responsiveness and make communication feel more natural and personal, the report said. When used during talent acquisition’s early stages they also free up TA’s time to attend to time-sensitive recruiting matters.
The report also identified additional benefits of implementing conversational AI chatbots, including:
- 29% – Accelerating the overall hiring process.
- 27% – Helping candidates better identify their job preferences.
- 26% – Automating interview scheduling.
- 24% – Helping candidates submit their job applications more easily.
- 21% – Providing candidates with updates about their application throughout various stages of the recruiting process.
“Timely and consistent candidate communication is always a critical competitive differentiator in recruiting and hiring,” said Talent Board President Kevin Grossman. “Each year in our benchmark research, we find that candidate sentiment is much more positive (over 50%) when they get questions answered in a timely manner.